Please support our association!
Construction of a cultural centre
There is the need to build up a cultural centre in the coastal town of Borbón in the province of Esmeraldas to support the Afro-Ecuadorian community and the indigenous people and to protect the forest. With educated workers and participative concerts we want to help preserving the areas, natural resources, traditions and the local culture.
Active involvement of the people will secure the adaption to local needs. The cultural centre is supposed to be a place for gathering and dialogue. A comprehensive demand analyses of the region has already been done by the Sacha Causai foundation. There is special need for support at the moment, as all organizations for development cooperation except the FEPP (www.fepp.org.ec) have drawn back because of the ongoing conflict over the frontier between Ecuador and Columbia.
The cultural centre will support these aspects of social and cultural life:
- An educational centre will push consultations and clarifications in the areas of health, politics, law and protection of the environment forward and will also help in finding a job.
- There will be room for presentations, concerts, practicing and lessons of traditional music dances and singing.
- In a workshop marimba player and singer will teach children young people an adults how to build the traditional instruments. Playing the music is later also taught by him and
There are four steps in the process of the construction
1.) Preparational steps (assumingly till the end of the year 2009)
- Supply of information (festival of cultures in January 2009)
- Need of cooperation
- Securing finances
- Constructing an infrastructure in Ecuador
- Selecting an appropriate parcel of land
2.) The actual construction of the cultural centre (2010)
3.) Participating groups move into the centre (2010)
4.) Securing self-governed and independent work of local participants (2015)
A short presentation about the planned cultural centre in Borbón (in German)
Copyright © 2007 proyecto visión e. V. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.